#0 - Nov. 9, 2010, 5:16 p.m.

Blizzard Post

Awhile agone, before we could just do this normally, I enabled parental controls on my account in order to turn off the Battle.net features in WoW. Since, at that place take been a few privacy settings implemented, not all I would similar, but I have begun to apply Battle.net with my friends who I know IRL. That being said I have no demand for parental controls to be enabled on my business relationship, I am 23 and it's rather silly.

A few weeks back I sent an email to back up about the outcome, I got this dorsum:

Q u o t e:

Greetings <Redacted>,

You are receiving this email because you have either expressed interest activating Parental Controls or you are attempting to update the registered information on the account of a small-scale child for whom yous are the parent or guardian.

Upon receipt of this information, we will update the business relationship to reflect the contact details of the parent and provide yous with the security information necessary to control these features. Be sure your email filter is ready to receive emails from billing@blizzard.com. You may also wish to review the Parental Command FAQ page here: http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/PCFAQ.

Please submit the following information:

i) A legible photocopy of the identification of the current registered account user displaying the full legal proper noun, engagement of birth, and expiration appointment (if applicable). Adequate forms of identification for the child are: Nascence Certificate, Passport, Driver's License, State ID, or Military issued ID (with the dorsum photocopied). (School IDs are *not* accepted.)

2) A legible photocopy of the identification of the account user's legal guardian displaying the full legal name, date of birth, and expiration appointment (if applicable). Acceptable forms of identification for the adult are: Birth Certificate, Passport, Commuter's License, State ID, or Military machine issued ID (with the back photocopied).

3) A copy of the Terms of Utilise (TOU) Form completed by the legal guardian (please be sure to provide an email accost to which your child DOES NOT have access). The TOU form can be found here: http://u.s..blizzard.com/support/article/bnettouform.

You may send the information three unlike means:
**E-mail**

- Email equally an attachment to Account & Technical Services: accountservices@Blizzard.com
- Use the business relationship name as the SUBJECT line
- Attachment must be under 5MB
- Attachments must be in JPG, GIF, BMP, TIF, or PNG format
- Make sure that all attachments run into the recommended requirements. Security concerns may cause files with other formats or files that are as well large to exist filtered or deleted without response.

**FAX**

- (949) 725-0701

**Mail**

- ATTN: Parental Controls
- Business relationship & Technical Services
- Blizzard Entertainment
- PO Box 18979
- Irvine, CA 92623

To assure prompt processing of your submission delight review the following tips:

- Be sure to include *ALL* of the requested documents. Missing or incomplete information may crusade delays.
- Print and manually sign the TOU form. *DIGITAL SIGNATURES Volition NOT BE Accepted* Processing will not go along without the proper legal acknowledgement of the Terms of Use.

If you take additional questions or concerns, delight reply to this electronic mail. If you would rather speak a representative direct, please contact Account & Technical Services. Our contact information tin be found at http://blizzard.com/back up/article/cs.

Regards,

<Redacted>.
Client Service
Blizzard Entertainment
www.blizzard.com/support

I replied with this because I wasn't clear on it:

Q u o t e:

Ok, I take an issue with that, I'm fine with submitting information but
I don't have a kid. I only enabled parental controls for myself as
I am over eighteen. Should I but submit my information twice? I conspicuously
have access to whatsoever email accost I take admission to so I can't employ an
email accost I don't have access to.

I have admission to a printer/scanner/digital camera and w/east else is required, I merely, don't accept a child and then I'k non certain what to do there. The account is my account. Should I submit my information twice? That seems redundant. Should I make one upwards? That seems somewhat dishonest. It's been a few weeks so I was hoping I could come hither for clarity on the result. I just wanted to be able to keep all my account options in ane place on my Battle.net account. Information technology'south not a huge effect simply a kind of organizational affair.

Thank-yous in accelerate for your assistance!